Soliton Systems Inc.
Last modified: November 19, 2019
Soliton Systems, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit https://solitonsys.com (our “Website”) or when you or your employer use our products or services and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website.
- In email, text, and other messages between you or your employer and our Website or our employees.
- Making orders or requests with regard to our products or services.
- Through your or your employer’s use of our products or services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by any third party (including Soliton Systems K.K. and its and our other affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You
We may collect several types of information about you, including information:
- Email address
- Physical address
- Employer’s Physical address
- Payment details
- Phone number
- User name / User ID
- IP address
- MAC address
- Internet connection information
- Equipment you use to access our Website and usage details
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of ordering our products or services, including their trials, or using our product/service supports. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order.
Information We Collect and Use for “Soliton Cyber Space Analytics” Service
Soliton Systems K.K., our parent company, provides a service named “Soliton Cyber Space Analytics”, which analyzes personal information leaked from third parties through security incidents and is available on publicly available sources on the Internet, and provides our customers with a list of email addresses with the customer’s domain obtained through such sources as well as categories of information leaked together with such email addresses. We, Soliton Systems Inc. also provides this service to our customers. We do not share this information with any third party except the customer which purchases this service or use it for any other purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of our Website. Google Analytics collect information regarding your use of other websites and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you or your employer provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about our products or services you or your employer has purchased, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you or your employer and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our parent company (Soliton Systems K.K.) and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including Hubspot.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website’s users and users of our products and services is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission, software or storage system cannot be completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately in accordance with “Contact Information” section below.